Twitter is a wonderful platform for micro -blogging. It has revolutionized the way we interact with each other. Since it is a micro -blogging platform, it can be used very well on mobile phones. It can also be used from mobile devices connected to the Internet, as an iPad. It allows the use of 140 characters and, therefore, is similar to mobile messaging. Twitter is a great tool as a means of social communication, and played a key role in the recent political uprisings in the world. Twitter updates from around the world help to spread news and information around the world in minutes.
Twitter keeps you up to date and current, and therein lays its true value. It can be used as a fantastic marketing tool if you know how to use it. There are still many people who are not familiar with all the features of Twitter. Million tweets are sent by people every hour. Just imagine the enormous potential to reach potential customers of your business.
However, Twitter is different from other social networks. You can only interact with people who follow you. In other words, a limit to how many people you can reach sets. You cannot send custom tweets to people who are not following. Therefore, you must do the following:
- Open a Twitter account and set your home page. This page can be viewed at logon. Make sure you use a good picture. People love to see the images on Twitter. Make sure you use your home page for you to put a link to your website or blog.
- Start Twitter. Send a message about yourself and about who you are.
- Find people you like and follow them. It’s easy. Get as many followers as possible. In many cases, people will follow you back. Now you have established a line of communication. Do it every day and creates a network of people.
- When you get more followers can send tweets about your business and start marketing your products.
- The more people read your tweets; the more likely you are to get visitors to your website.
- Tweet as often as you can.
Twitter has an important limitation as a marketing tool. You cannot reach people who are not connected with you. Therefore, the scope of marketing is limited to the number of people who follow you. You can grow this number over time. For business communication, it is an excellent tool. An executive of a large organization can keep in touch with your staff through Twitter. Keeping in touch with business associates is easy with Twitter. However, as a marketing tool is not very effective yet.
Twitter can be used for marketing, but you have to increase your marketing efforts in other ways too. Use Twitter as a unique marketing strategy could be a serious mistake.